Friday, August 19, 2005

for 20 AUG 05: AT YOUR SERVICE



We received this invitation in our e-mail the other day, and decided it might be worth sharing with all of you:



In communities throughout America, thousands of people participate in Arthritis Foundation events. I am one of those people. I am teaming up with the Arthritis Foundation for the Arthritis Walk, where everyone will be walking in honor of someone with arthritis. I am writing to ask you to lend a hand as I take on this personal challenge!



Please visit my Web page to join my team or make a secure, online contribution to help me reach my fundraising goal. Arthritis doesn't discriminate -- it affects one in three people, including men, women, teens and even children. People turn to the Arthritis Foundation for information, support and resources -- you and I can help. The Arthritis Foundation has made it easy!



Your generosity ensures that the Arthritis Foundation continues leading the way toward prevention, control and cure of the number one cause of disability. Contributions through special events are vital to providing these services. Together, we can make a difference.



Thank you for your support!



Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support Arthritis Foundation, Georgia Chapter



LAUGHLINE FLASHBACK -- 24 Sep 02: Have you noticed how many medical problems and treatments are named after people? Doctors and nurses probably call them by their first names for short, so patients don't get too scared about....



+ "Arthur" - for how some older people pronounce arthritis.



+ "Al" - for Alzheimer's disease.



+ "Angie" - for angioplasty.



+ "Di" - for diabetes. (Or is that diarrhea?)



Your PayPal donations can keep this blog ad-free and independent-minded. To make a donation, offer a story tip or comment on this blog, write me - but be warned, I may post a reply.



If you quote from this in public somewhere, please be polite enough to let me know.



© 2003-05 Richard Burkard, All Rights Reserved.