Thursday, May 19, 2005

for 20 MAY 05: MISSING AMY



PADUCAH, KY -- The first 500 or so miles of our BLOG SPECIAL EVENT have gone well. But suddenly, a missing person's search has intervened:



Richard,



Can you provide the readers with an update on what happened to WRBL morning anchor Amy Giuliano? Her bio has been removed from WRBL.com, and the job is posted on Media General's web site.



Great blog, by the way. I read it daily.



Thanks,



Thomas



Thomas, I'm SHOCKED by this development! Only today on the road, I heard on National Public Radio that CBS had cancelled "Judging Amy" -- but this would be going too far.



We did a Google search for Amy Giuliano on the road, and she still has a hidden page at the WRBL web site. But we found NO evidence of where she might be now. She looks so young, we almost could ask for a Levi's Call alert....



I'd been wondering why Blaine Stewart was missing for most of two weeks from "News 3 at 5." I don't tend to get up at 6:00 a.m., so perhaps he's been filling in during the morning news. Then again, maybe several anchors needed days off for the premiere of the new "Star Wars" movie.



Come to think of it, the Atlanta Falcons cheerleaders are coming to Columbus Friday for a rally. Perhaps Thomas will find Amy Giuliano there -- or at least a reasonable alternative....



More Blog Special Event updates as conditions warrant....



Your PayPal donations can keep this blog ad-free, independent-minded -- and even pay for my road trip! To make a donation, offer a story tip or comment on this blog, write me - but be warned, I may post a reply.



If you quote from this in public somewhere, please be polite enough to let me know.



© 2003-05 Richard Burkard, All Rights Reserved.