Wednesday, June 25, 2003

BURKARD'S BLOG



^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^



25 JUN 03: IT'S A DOUBLE PLAY



So if I didn't eat at Long John Silver's, you ask, where DID I go? Tuesday night I picked up dinner at Burger King - in fact, at TWO of them. It was like the old-time church "progressive dinner." Only it was without a church, and neither place knew about it.



Have you used all the Burger King coupons you were mailed several weeks ago? The deadline is next Monday, but the fine print says you can only use one coupon per visit. I thought about staging a "B-K 500," and running laps through the drive-through lane - but they only mailed about a dozen coupons.



(I also thought about bringing up one of Burger King's old slogans - but the people on duty probably don't remember the line, "Sometimes you've just gotta break the rules.")



So how did I play by Burger King's rules for a two-sandwich, two-coupon dinner? I used one coupon in the 1200 block of
Veterans Parkway - then took a short drive to Wynnton Road, and used the other one! That'll teach them to set up a public address system, connecting every restaurant in town.



A check of the receipts revealed something interesting about my two-restaurant dinner. The downtown Burger King is store #1325, while the Wynnton Road location is store #3320. This is amazing, since that building on Wynnton looks SO much older....



(I'm pleased to report a Whopper with coupon and tax cost $1.05 at each restaurant. The evening crews are not guilty of any profiteering.)



No, you may NOT review my receipts from the two Burger Kings. The times on them indicate I was at Wynnton Road less than two minutes after I left the drive-through on Veterans Parkway - and I absolutely will NOT be framed for speeding like this.



Speaking of dinner: WRBL's 11:00 p.m. news Tuesday showed a teenager preparing a Subway sandwich - as the reporter said he's "working the hoagie line." Hoagie?!?! At that place, they're called "SUBS" - for a reason.



The WRBL reporter also showed some important tips (ones you've probably NEVER considered) for finding a job. One of them said: "Be prepared to explain why you!" Why I WHAT? Can't speak or write a complete sentence??



COMING THURSDAY: We visit the eye doctor for the first time in three years....



To comment on this blog, write me - but be warned, I may post a reply.



If you quote from this in public somewhere, please be polite enough to let me know.



© 2003 Richard Burkard, All Rights Reserved.