Wednesday, May 09, 2007

9 MAY 07: SPAM IN A JAM



A sudden schedule change leaves very little time for blogging today. So we offer you one of our occasional SPAM-A-RAMA specials - where we offer comments on REAL spam message titles we've received in recent months. Let's boogity....



"REALIZE TOTAL AND ABSOLUTE POWER"


Who sent this one to the Phenix City Mayor?



"OUR SPRING ACTION"


Cough a lot, overheat some, heave a little.



"300 REPLICA"


So I'm not confused - is this the movie about ancient history, or a bowling lane?



"HER OF MILWAUKEE"


But what if the bar doesn't sell Pabst Blue Ribbon?



"ON LATIN"


Est bonum.



"BUILD POLISHED STICK"


What some call the Golden Cue billiard hall on Buena Vista Road.



"GERMAN EXCNAHGES ARE HOT."


But sometimes, I suspect they can be hard to read.



"ROUND-THE-CLOCK CHIPPER"


Try Boomer 95.3 FM.



"FEATHERING EARS"


No, I never owned a Farrah Fawcett-Majors poster.



"OFFICIAL LOTTERY TICKETS FROM AROUND THE WORLD"


All of them used and losers, I assume.



"RE: STARCHY CAMBODIA"


Don't look at me - you tell them to stop eating rice.



"YOU SO POSTLUDE."


Hey - I'm not dead yet.



"LAYS PLAIN"


I never could understand the sour cream and onion flavor, either.



"PEOPLE WED WOMEN"


Thank you for the correction, Rosie.



"HILLS ARE RICH"


That's why The Big Eddy Club is in Green Island.



"PANCAKES FRENCH"


Are breakfast buffets THAT cramped for space?



"SEVEN SOUTHERN"


That TV station actually is in Panama City.



"ABACUS SATURDAY"


Now, now - the church I attend actually uses calculators for offerings.



"PAPA DISHWASHER"


Then tomorrow night, it's the wife's turn.



"IS BE MIDLAND"


Could be SuperTarget?!?



"McCLURE ADVICE"


Last time I heard, he was giving weather reports in Tampa.



"BANJO IMPATIENCE"


Go to enough Open Mic Nights at The Loft, and there's bound to be one.






This blog has thousands of visitors each month, from people in Columbus and around the world. To advertise to them, offer a story tip or comment on this blog, write me - but be warned, I may post your e-mail comment and offer a reply.



BURKARD BULK MAIL INDEX: 3209 (+ 67, 2.1%)



If you mention this blog in public, please be polite enough to let me know.



© 2003-07 Richard Burkard, all rights reserved.




site stats